Businesses are powerful constituents of society and the most successful, respected, and desirable businesses exist to do much more than make money; they exist to use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. The T-Asia Group culture of giving back flows from the tradition of nation and community building sowed more than a century back by Tanvir Telekom Asia, the Founder of the group. T-Asia Group companies are involved in a wide variety of community development and environment preservation projects. The T-Asia Group group's social activities relate to health, primary education, skills training and entrepreneurship, livelihoods, women empowerment and strengthening services for the differently-abled. JCI Village is a concept model village and first ever called ‘Digital Village’, situated in Parameshwardi, Shonarga, Narayanganj. With the motto ‘Sustainable Village’, JCI Dhaka Uptown with the help of Telekom Asia & Sigma Engineers have started its activities and projects in this village and the community people now have named it JCI Village.
● By activating local community all the projects can be run successfully and can achieve sustainable development.
● Since the village is closer to Narayanganj industrial area the Air & Water pollution rate is higher. So JCI Dhaka Uptown is also doing projects to minimize this crisis.
● There was a need for entrepreneurship development among the villagers hence leadership training and guideline is also taken care off by JCI Dhaka Uptown.
● School students were reluctant to go to school and now the whole education system of the school has been re-organized in an interactive way.
● Farmers were struggling with lack of proper knowledge on seeds, soil and fertilizer is also under their project.
1. Shupeo: Creating awareness for safe drinking water by activating and educating villagers to filter water and purify before using it.
2. Shobujayon: Tree plantation program for healthy environment by teaching the school kids about the necessity of trees in our environment.
3. Shetu: Developing entrepreneurship by giving training & educating young villagers for economic development.
4. Shomridhi: Helping farmers with proper knowledge about soil, seeds & fertilizer by doing regular dialogue session with trainer.
5. Shikha: Educating families- Men, Women & Students about personal & organizational skills by encouraging students to take responsibility for learning and performing through painting, educational videos, sports, cultural program & celebrating festivals.